Saturday, November 12, 2011

X2 page 113... spellingz

I have a hard time remembering how many letters to add in some words, too. Words like psychotic make me crazy because why is there a P in there? Nobody pronounces the P. (Try it, I dare you.) It is like a stupid wad of gum stuck to the bottom of a desk because its user wanted to annoy whoever came across it. Sometimes I look at a word that I just spelled correctly and I think, "That can't be right....". Spell check is wonderful, unless you have a weird name like, I don't know, Kaitlin. I swear, some engineer took the soul out of a walking dictionary (remember that kid with buck teeth who corrected everyone in a nasally voice) and molded it into what we call spell check. Spell check acts like a kindergartener with a crayon whenever you try to write in another language. But even if spell check can be a pain in the popo, it is a lifesaver when you are absolutely clueless. What if everyone could spell words out like they sounded? This scenario reminds me of a restaurant called Zorbas where every S is replaced with a Z. Zpelling  like dat drivez peoplez up wallz. If evryone speld like thay spoek, no un wood bee aebel to tel tha difrence between "choose" and "shoes". When advertisers mix up spellings, or turn letters backwards, product names can be easily recognized. "Dubble Bubble", for example, takes advantage of a misspelling to make the double look like the bubble. "Froot Loops" does the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment