Sunday, October 9, 2011

Another weekend blah

I just read about how we're supposed to have two looooong paragraphs on the weekend blog. Then I saw the comics link/ the oatmeal thing. I read "what it means when you say litterally". Holy guacamole. I will never use the word litterally again unless I have rehearsed how to say it in my head so long that the conversation has moved on. In, other words, I just won't say it. That website has sooooo many swear words on it. They bug me. They have been over used so much that they have lost all originality/significance/meaning. Really truly, they make your intelligence and ingenuity seem a bit lower whenever you use them. The comic characters often don't have completed eyes, so you can't tell where they're looking. I am running out of things to put in my loooong paragraph.
Oh, I know. I spent most of the morning reading "The memory keeper's daughter"....fabulous book! It is probably the only sad book I have ever read that I liked, which is probably due to the fact that this book has so much suspence in it! Who would ever have thought of a sad AND suspenseful book, it's the perfect combination though. I'm about half way through it, and I can tell that every character is at a point where they all go down together, or something starts to go right. I admire the author because she is so good at showing you what is going on, instead of telling you. Everything is connected to everything else, but you can't anticipate what happens next until it smacks you in the face and you're like, WHAT! I really hope that it ends in a way that won't leave me banging my head against a wall in frustration over the lives of made up characters. Litterally.

1 comment:

  1. Well, first,I'm kinda curious about what the word literally means. Second, I agree about the swear words, totally! And Thirdly (is that even a word?) I didn't know you were reading that book...Is it good? So, yup. I'll see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete