Sunday, September 18, 2011

Free writing!

A blog about anything? But that's so, so, non-schoolish.? How do I even start? I know! A free write. I guess I'm already doing it. Oh. O.k. Crap, I stopped. Thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking, I saw a comic in the newspaper today. It was the garfield one. John was writing a blog that was so boring that garfield, the computer, and the dog fell asleep. That's the kind of blog that I'm writing right now. Oh! I know, over the weekend. This weekend I earned twenty bucks babysitting, I took a six hour long PSAT/SAT course, and I helped work a book exchange at a fundraiser. The fundraiser was outside, and everyone was afraid that it was going to rain and the books would get wet. Thank goodness it didn't. Thinking, thinking about dogs. My golden retriever Jessie is curled up under my desk right now. She makes a lovely rug. Oh! After the PSAT/SAT course, I went on a motorcycle ride with my dad. I love motorcycle rides. They make you feel like you are a part of the landscape, instead of just an observer. Every gust of wind whips your head around, you lean into curves, you listen to the mixed sounds of every engine on the road, and if it's cold outside, you actually feel cold. Cars are so, boring. When you drive around in a car it's like being inside of a climate controlled storage unit. Oh, whoops! I didn't exactly do a ten minute freewrite, it was more like a twenty minute write, and I mentally edited. Man, I was just getting to a good part, too. Stupid timer.

1 comment:

  1. I like it. I feel like this is very you. I'm glad it didn't rain too. I don't find your blog writings boring, by the way. And you're right, Jessie does make a lovely rug

    ReplyDelete